Monday, July 10, 2006

My big break

My first movie

A little over three years ago I worked on my first movie project. It was for my sisters univercity. The project was to make a 15 minute movie. To dothis she had 4 months.
My sister ofcourse is part of family and so postponed the movie till he last possible second. So I called two of my friends

Faheem
and
Azmi

Along with them we also called Arshad during the shoot came to be known as Ashus(thanks to Azmi) and is now generally known as Ashus by everyone.

So The four of us along with my sister went to a mall with camera in hand and began to shoot. With no script or idea of wha the script was about we walked around the mall
untill I had a brain storm our plot- inspired by true events the plot went something like this

Me, Ashus and Faheem played friends hanging around in a mall and Azmi played my annoying gay relative.

That was the basic plot for the movie. We beagan to shoot, it basicly revolved around me coming up with the gayest possible thing Azmi can do and say and then Azmi doing it. The resulting product was pure comic gold.

Yesterday I found a Cd containing a few scenes from that very movie titled "In the Middle" and now it is here for everyone to see.
Njoy

A few notes
- The scenes are unedited and therefore uncut and not in order
- Most scenes are missing as the Cd was all scrachted up These are the scenes I managed to save Around 7 minutes of the movie is missing.
- Azmi did a fantastic job and if one day he decides to be an actor rather than a director I think he would do great.
- The video size is around 50 MB
- The movie was shown in a cinema hall at AUS to over 150 people and it now follows a cult following

Curtains up - popcorn out



3 comments:

Azarakhsh said...

Solid gold comedy my friend. You people never cease to impress me with your work. Azmi's attidude had me pinching his cheeks on the monitor screen going "awwwwwwwww". The woody woodpecker sequence was rib tickling hahahaha.

i hope you find the entire video someday.. this was entertaininggggg!

ManicMane said...

I know I'm going to get sledgehammered by some folks for saying this but, that was the height of UBER-CUTENESS!!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

That was the dorkiest fucking thing I've ever seen. Hahahaha. But I floored myself right now when I saw me staring at the poster with the "hot guy". And I can't believe that Hysum and Faheem maanged to make me jump Woody Wood Pecker.

I guess this teaches us that everything I do will come back to haunt me.