Tuesday, November 07, 2006

On a lighter note

I look around with people writing poetry or lyrics on their blogs

My turn-


"I might be a hero"


Today I think I saved the world again

But I cannot tell you who I am

Today I think I saved the world again

But nobody gives a damn



Today you saved my life again

And I don’t think it’s fair

Today I saw your face again

And all I could do was stare.


He said he would take over the world

He said the people would be destroyed

He didn’t say it would be for the better

He didn’t say most souls had already died


They told me to stand for good

They told me to help the innocent

They never told me the good exude

nothing but hate and lament.


Today I saved the world again

And I thought it was for nothing at all

Today you held my hand again

When a hero was about to fall


They told me there is strength in resistance

They didn’t tell me about vulnerability

They told me about persistence

They didn’t tell me about pity


They told me to be strong

I now ask the same

They asked me to fight the wrong

They didn’t tell me about the pain


Today you saved my life again

and maybe its not fair

Today I saved the world again

But only because you were there


By Hysum

Not worry I will get back to normal blogging in my next post- This was just for some change

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

As Sheryl Crow would say, 'That change... do you good!'

Beautiful stuff, Hysum. Love you Xoxo

Azarakhsh said...

Hmm... with the power of Hyni
,add a bit of country guitar to that...

Mane strums and croons with Superpowerfulman. What a duet.

Azarakhsh said...

damnit.. pressed enter too fast.
LOVELY entry my friend :) Keep em coming!

Joey said...

wish my computer was that fast.
beautiful post hysum...beautiful.