Thursday, August 09, 2007

Truth or dare

Many of you are going to get your results soon. So heres something you need to hear

Achievement, we all strive for it. It is the purpose of most our
being, to achieve happiness, fame, or just achieve a place in heaven.
At a time there is a choice- and some things can be so overbearing
that before you know it, you end up underachieving. We are told all
our lives the virtues of trying "if at once you don't succeed try
again" (my mum, 1991, date of publication unknown). But what my mother
forgot was she was plagerising from parents of yore and I don't blame
her, after all it would be quite ironic if she cited some old man and
then told me "never to trust strangers" at the same time.

My mother also told me not to lie but I do. But I only lie because I don't want people to know the truth.

The truth is- anyone of us can achieve greatness- but you also want to be happy while you do it. You work for hours, you think- you worry- you forget- you forgive- you try and you try and you try till you succeed and then what. Where do you go from greatness- where do you go from success. So I am going to tell you something my mother never told me-

Dare to be average.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TOO TRUE. "Dare to be average". That does sound far more motivating when it comes to daring to just BE.

P.s. you are a human celebration. Which is why i dare not vote for you as president. a president thrives on corrupted politics. the right way breeds antipathy.

ANARCHY. Random spit.